I am a Research Scientist at Facebook AI Research (FAIR) where I work on Computer Vision, Image and Video Processing, and Machine Learning. I work on problems such as building fair and inclusive computer vision models, ML explainability, perceptual image and video quality, and large-scale video action recognition.
Prior to joining Facebook AI, I obtained my PhD at the University of Texas at Austin in 2017 where I worked with Alan Bovik on perceptual image and video quality assessment for real-world content.
- [March 8th, 2021] I was interviewed by IIIT-Hyderabad as part of Alumni Speak series on my journey from an undergraduate student to a successful researcher link
- 3 talks at CVPR’20.
- 6 talks at CVPR’19.
- 28th May, 2019: Gave a talk at F8, Facebook’s annual developer’s conference on large-scale video action recognition
- Organizing a full-day workshop on Responsible Computer Vision at CVPR’21!
- 2 papers accepted at CVPR’21!
- 1 paper accepted in the Sign Language Recognition, Translation & Production (SLRTP) Workshop ECCV’20.
- 3 papers accepted to CVPR’20, 1 oral acceptance.
- 3 papers accepted to CVPR’19.
- I joined Facebook AI Applied Research (FAIAR)
- Area Chair: WiML’20, CVPR’21
- Program Committee Member: AAAI-20
- Journal Reviewer:
- IEEE Trans. of Image Proc. 2013 - , IEEE Trans. on Multimedia 2016 - , Elec. Letters 2016 -
- IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Syst. for Video Tech. 2015 -, Digital Signal Proc. 2015 -
- EURASIP J. on Image and Video Proc. 2015 - , J. of Selected Topics in Signal Proc. 2015 -
- Conference Reviewer:
- WACV’21, CVPR 2020 -, AAAI 2020 -, WiML 2019 -, ACM SIGGRAPH 2017 -,
- Indian Conf. on Comp. Vision, Graphics and Image Process.(ICVGIP) 2014 -